Man Electrocuted in Linden After Tree Branch Falls on High-Tension Wire

Police in Linden are investigating an incident where a contractor suffered burns after being electrocuted on Tuesday.

According to a statement released by police, at approximately 1:40 pm, Linden Police and firefighters responded to reports of a person suffering an electric shock at 1800 Lower Road.

Police say when they arrived, officers found a contractor, from Ohio, shocked when a tree limb that he cut fell on to a high-tension wire.

According to police, the man sustained burns on his hands after he made contact with the wire.

Police say he was transported to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Rahway for further treatment.

The investigation into the incident remains active and ongoing.