Skip to main content

UPDATE: Propane Tank Fire Temporarily Closed St. Georges Avenue in Linden


Police in Linden closed a busy city road while firefighters extinguished a propane tank fire that caused a hazmat situation on Thursday morning.

According to a statement released by Linden Police officials, the incident happened at approximately 11 a.m. in the vicinity East St. Georges and East Baltimore avenues where firefighters were alerted of a fire at that location.

Upon arrival, crews found a 100-pound oxygen tank on fire according to police officials.

Police closed St. Georges Avenue between Lincoln and Chandler until crews swiftly brought the blaze under control. Officials say the Union County Hazmat crew arrived at the location to assist in the investigation and cleanup.

There were no injuries reported and the incident remains under investigation according to Linden Police officials.