Skip to main content

Two Arrested, Charged in Connection with Fatal Englewood Shooting


Bergen County officials announced the arrest of Jamal Robinson, 44, and Deidre A. Adebiyi, 43, both of Englewood in connection to a shooting that occurred in Englewood on June 20.

According to police, on Saturday, June 20, at approximately 1:11 a.m., the Englewood Police Department received multiple 911 calls reporting shots fired in the vicinity of the intersection of 2nd Street and 4th Street.

Police report that responding officers found multiple individuals in the roadway who had attended a gathering at a residence on 2nd Street.

Officers also found two gunshot victims lying in the roadway: Alex Glover, 29, of Englewood and Douglas Perry, 43, of Newark.

Both victims were transported to area hospitals. Perry succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased and Glover was later released from the hospital.

Multiple shell casings were located at the scene of the shooting, and multiple vehicles and a residence were struck with projectiles.

As a result of an investigation, detectives identified Dejuan Stokes, Dwayne Redd, Jr., and Jamal Robinson as suspects in the shooting.

On Friday, July 24, Stokes, Redd, Jr., and Robinson were each charged with multiple crimes, including Murder.

Stokes was arrested and remanded to the Baltimore Central Booking and Intake Center in Baltimore, MD pending extradition. Robinson was arrested and remanded to the Bergen County Jail.

On Saturday, July 25, a search warrant was executed at 125 Shepard Avenue, Apartment A, Teaneck. During the search, officers recovered a Glock 22 40-caliber handgun containing a large capacity ammunition magazine.

On Tuesday, August 11, Robinson was arrested and charged. He remains in the Bergen County Jail pending a first appearance in Central Judicial Processing Court in Hackensack on the additional charges.

On Wednesday, August 12, Adebiyi was also arrested and charged. She was served with a summons and is scheduled to appear in Central Judicial Processing Court in Hackensack.

On August 13, Redd, Jr. was taken into custody by the United States Marshals Capital Area Regional Task Force. He was remanded to the Baltimore County Detention Center in Baltimore, MD pending extradition.