Skip to main content

Three-Car Crash in Manchester Causes Vehicle to Overturn Hospitalizing Three

By kbm0423 on
Manchester Township

On Wednesday, July 8, at approximately 4:51 p.m., officers from the Manchester Township Police Department responded to the intersection of Commonwealth Boulevard and Bismarck Street in the Pine Lake Park section to investigate a non-fatal three-car crash.

According to reports, upon arrival, officers observed a white, 2010 Lincoln MKZ with extensive front-end damage and a cracked utility pole on the front lawn of a residence at the intersection.

On Bismarck Street, near Eleventh Avenue, officers observed a severely damaged silver, 2017 Nissan Sentra on its driver side.

Also located was a gray, 2015 Toyota Corolla with front-end damage. The Corolla was unoccupied and was parked along Bismarck Street.

Police stated that the initial investigation revealed that the Lincoln MKZ was traveling south on Bismarck Street, when the operator, identified as a 17-year-old male from Manchester, failed to come to a stop at the stop sign and continued into the intersection of Commonwealth Boulevard.

Upon doing so, the Lincoln collided with the passenger side of the Nissan, which was traveling west on Commonwealth Boulevard.

According to police, the force of the collision caused the Nissan to overturn and roll down Bismarck Street and sent the Lincoln across the intersection into a utility pole.

While rolling down Bismarck Street, the Nissan struck a speed limit sign, propelling its base through the windshield of the parked, unoccupied Toyota.

The Nissan came to its final rest on its driver side on Bismarck Street, approximately 200 feet from the initial point of impact after rolling approximately three times.

Police stated that both the driver of the Lincoln and his 17-year-old passenger, sustained abrasions and lacerations to their faces and arms, while the driver of the Nissan, identified as 42-year-old Jocelyn Isaza of Toms River, sustained a concussion along with fractured hands and fingers.

Police determined that all parties were wearing their seatbelts.

All parties were subsequently transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center via ambulance.

The roadway was closed for several hours during the investigation and cleanup.

The investigation is still ongoing, but at this point, police are reporting that driver error and inexperience appear to be the primary cause of the crash.