Discharged Bear Repellent Leaves NJ Amazon Worker in Critical Condition; Approximately 80 Workers Exposed

A repellent accidentally discharged inside an Amazon warehouse Wednesday morning, has one worker in critical condition while twenty-four others were taken to five local hospitals.

According to officials, a bear repellent that fell off a shelf and accidentally discharged around 8:45 a.m. on the third floor of the building sent first responders to scene to evacuate the building.

Officials say roughly 80 workers were exposed to the repellent and were triaged outside the building after they were experiencing difficulty breathing and burning sensation in their throat and eyes. Approximately twenty-four of those workers were taken to five local hospitals for additional treatment.

Authorities are continuing their efforts to evacuate the warehouse which houses hundreds of workers.