There were seven New Jersey Lottery tickets sold that matched four of the five white balls and the Powerball drawn for the Wednesday, Aug. 16 drawing winning the $50,000 third-tier prize. One of those tickets was purchased with Power Play multiplying the prize to $150,000.
The winning tickets from Wednesday night’s drawing were sold at the following locations:
• Hudson County ($150,000): 7-Eleven #39467, 565 Tonnelle Ave., Jersey City;
• Bergen County ($50,000): Luk Oil Mini Mart, 1400 Route 208, Fairlawn;
• Burlington County ($50,000): C & C Deli, 925 Woodlane Rd., Edgewater Park;
• Burlington County ($50,000): Country Farm, 2911 Route 73 S., Maple Shade;
• Middlesex County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #39718, 4000 Route 1 N., Monmouth Junction;
• Middlesex County ($50,000): Shoprite #573, Route 1 & Old Post Rd., Edison; and
• Monmouth County ($50,000): Welsh Farms, 130 Route 33 W. Andee Plaza Store 130, Manalapan.
The winning numbers for the Wednesday, Aug. 16 drawing were:
09, 15, 43, 60 and 64. The Red Power Ball number was 04. The Multiplier number was 03.
The Powerball jackpot rolls to $510,000,000 for the next drawing to be held Saturday, Aug. 19 at 10:59 pm.
In addition to the third-tier prizewinning tickets sold, there were 154,947 New Jersey players who took home an estimated $793,979 in prizes ranging from $4 to $300, according to Lottery Executive Director Carole Hedinger.
“Congratulations to all of the lottery players who purchased winning tickets and to the retailers that sold them,” said Hedinger. “I’d like to remind players to purchase their Powerball tickets with a winning attitude and add Power Play to the ticket purchase. Power Play doubles the second prize from one million dollars to two million dollars and multiplies all of the seven lower prize sets available in the game by the number drawn that evening. The jackpot prize is not multiplied.”