As the summer season begins, NJ TRANSIT announces the return of service to family-friendly destinations with the resumption of NJ TRANSIT bus service to American Dream and Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari and Hurricane Harbor.
Bus service to/from Six Flags and weekend bus service between American Dream and the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) both resume Saturday, May 29.
In addition, NJ TRANSIT will resume rail service to Monmouth Park on Friday, May 28. NJ TRANSIT also provides convenient service to popular beach destinations and offers special beach packages that include admissions and transportation to select beaches.
For those looking to visit American Dream, Saturday/Sunday/Holiday hourly bus service from Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) Gate 305 on the No. 355 line will be available beginning Saturday, May 29, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Return service to PABT is also hourly beginning at 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. This service will only be operating on weekends and holidays. For more information, visit njtransit.com/americandream.
Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari or Hurricane Harbor
It’s easy and affordable for thrill-seekers to get to the fun at Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari or Hurricane Harbor.
Families planning a 2021 visit to the park can save money and enjoy a relaxing ride by taking advantage of NJ TRANSIT’s discounted travel packages for express bus service.
Savings are available throughout the season for bus customers using the No. 308 line for travel to and from the park. The No. 308 operates between the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and Six Flags, with an intermediate stop at Newark Penn Station.
For details on service and package prices, visit njtransit.com/sixflags.
North Jersey Coast Line trains will resume stops at Monmouth Park when the track is open for live racing starting Friday, May 28th.
Customers can connect with North Jersey Coast Line trains from most rail lines. Details are available at njtransit.com/monmouthpark.
Summer Savings With Memorial Day marking the “unofficial” start of the summer recreational season, this is a great time for customers to take advantage of NJ TRANSIT’s services to various destinations including the Jersey Shore, Atlantic City, New York City, Philadelphia, Camden Aquarium and Liberty Science Center:
- Beach Packages: Board a NJ TRANSIT train anywhere , excluding Atlantic City Rail Line stations, and save up to $6.50 on admission to Asbury Park or Ocean Grove beaches by purchasing round-trip train fare and a discounted beach pass for one price at NJ TRANSIT ticket vending machines (choose “Beach Package”) or at ticket windows. Visit njtransit.com/shore for more information.
- Liberty Science Center: Save $5 on admission when you travel on
NJ TRANSIT and show your ticket, pass or fare receipt at Liberty Science Center. General admission passes include most exhibitions, science shows and labs. Visit njtransit.com/summer for more information on NJ TRANSIT summer travel deals.
On weekends, kids ride free on NJ TRANSIT
Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family SuperSaver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
For the Memorial Day holiday weekend, the program will be extended and in effect from 7 p.m. Friday, May 28 until 6 a.m. Tuesday, June 1. For more information, visit njtransit.com/family.
NJ TRANSIT customers now earn perks and save money at local businesses through NJT REWARDS, the new free rewards program pilot.
Customers can join the program through the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and begin earning points, which can be redeemed for deals at participating local shops, restaurants and attractions as well as at participating national chains.
NJT REWARDS is designed to support businesses across the state and interested businesses can join the program at njtrewards.com/partner.
- Check Schedules in Advance: Plan your trip online to save time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the long holiday weekend may affect bus travel times especially on routes using the Garden State Parkway heading down the shore, so customers should plan accordingly.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed your return. Use the MyTix feature on the NJ TRANSIT mobile app. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Passengers with luggage or packages should use the overhead racks or designated luggage spaces. On multilevel trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car.
- Mobile App: Customers are encouraged to download or update the