Kitchen Fire Sends Hackensack High-Rise Resident to Hospital

A high-rise apartment building fire that broke out this afternoon sent a resident to the hospital Wednesday.

Officials say firefighters responded The Pierre Apartments, located at 185 Prospect Avenue, around 4 p.m. for a report of a fire on the fifth floor.

Crews quickly evacuated several floors as firefighters worked on placing the fire under control.

Although no serious injuries were reported, a resident was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

The fire appears to have been caused by an unattended flame in the kitchen.

Photos: Hackensack Fire Department