Skip to main content

Generator Blamed for Two Injured in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Linden


Several people were taken to the Rahway Hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after an incident in Linden on Friday night.

According to preliminary reports, emergency crews responded to reports of individuals feeling ill at an address in the 700 block of Princeton Road around 9:55 p.m.

Upon arrival, emergency personnel found a generator used to power appliances was emitting carbon monoxide fumes from the garage to the home.

Reports said two people were found suffering symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning after high CO levels inside the residence.

A third resident required medical attention after emergency responders believed that the individual was also exposed to the deadly gas.

The incident remains under investigation.