Skip to main content

Elmer Woman Injured in Propane-Tank Fire; Family Dog Killed

By kcora on
Elmer

A fast-moving fire that ignited a house over the weekend sent a woman to the hospital after it severely damaged her home.

Officials say firefighters responded to a Broad Street home sometime before 1 a.m. for a report of a fire.

Upon arrival, crews discovered the homes’ garage fully involved with reports of a 100-pound propane tank inside. The fire ultimately extended to the home, a vehicle, and a camper that was parked outside before it was placed under control.

According to authorities, the woman managed to escape with help of a neighbor and was taken to Inspira Medical Center in Elmer for treatment. There was no immediate information on her condition.

Officials said the home suffered extensive damage and the family lost a pet dog.

According to authorities, inside the garage firefighters found a 100-pound propane tank and several smaller tanks that appear to have exploded prior to firefighters' arrival.

The fire is under investigation.