Skip to main content

Carbon Monoxide Fumes Sends Over A Dozen to Hospital in Perth Amboy

Perth Amboy

Authorities are investigating the cause of a carbon monoxide leak that sent as many as 20 people to the hospital.

According to authorities, emergency responders arrived at 185 Fayette Street in Perth Amboy around 4 p.m. for a report of several people sickened by fumes.

Upon arrival, authorities found at least 20 people sickened by what was described as carbon monoxide fumes.

Police evacuated the building and transported at least four people in critical condition.

The cause of the leak remains under investigation.