Candlelight Vigil to be Held in Honor of 9-Year-Old Killed in Linden

The death of a 9-year-old boy killed by carbon monoxide poising is expected to bring the community together at a candlelight vigil scheduled for this weekend.

Earlier today, police released the identity of the 9-year-old boy who was killed after a carbon monoxide leak occurred at his Linden home Tuesday.

Police responded to 1157 Passaic Avenue around 7:25 a.m. after 45-year-old Sepiatu Abu (mother), found 9-year-old Oshiobugie Asekomhe and 10-year-old Emike Asekomhe unresponsive in a bedroom.

Both children were rushed to the hospital, boy to Trinitas Hospital and the daughter to Newark Beth Israel Hospital.

Oshiobugie was pronounced dead at the hospital while Emike remains in extremely critical condition.

The candle light vigil is scheduled for this Saturday at Dorothy Ford Park (formerly known as St. Mark's Park) on Chandler Avenue at 7:30 p.m.

Related story: https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/authorities-identify-9-year-old-linden-...