Skip to main content

Bloomfield Man Sentenced to 25 Years for Explicit Contact with Minor


FREEHOLD – A Bloomfield man was sentenced Friday to serve 25 years in a New Jersey State Prison on charges of Aggravated Explicit Contact with a Minor and Possession of Explicit Images of Minors from incidents that occurred in Long Branch on June 15 and June 16, 2017, announced Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

Police say Jaime Mauricio Leon, 34, of Bloomfield, previously entered the pleas of guilty on April 17, 2019 before the Honorable David F. Bauman, P.J.Cr. On August 2nd Judge Bauman sentenced Leon to 25 years in a New Jersey State Prison.

According to officials, Leon is required to serve the full 25 year term without the possibility of parole pursuant to the Jessica Lunsford Act. As a result, he will be 57 before he satisfies his sentence.

Upon release, he will be required to register under Megan’s Law and he will be placed on Parole Supervision for Life.

The convictions are the result of a joint investigation by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the Long Branch Police Department that began on June 16, 2017 when a private citizen walked into the Long Branch Police Department to report he observed a man and a woman, through a window, committing sexual acts upon a minor.

The citizen provided evidence of Leon and his female co-defendant committing various sexual acts upon the toddler.

The child appeared to be asleep, but the resulting investigation revealed the couple provided her with sleeping medication in order to facilitate the sexual assault.

The child was known to the female codefendant, whose charges are still pending. Leon was ultimately arrested at his place of employment in Fort Lee, New Jersey on June 23, 2017.

During his plea, Leon admitted that he and his codefendant planned the attack on the child via text message. He further confirmed he possessed explicit images and a video of the child that the woman had sent to him the day before the assault.

The text messages, images and video were recovered from the defendants’ phones