22 Possible Coronavirus Cases Under Investigation in Belleville; 1 Confirmed Patient at Clara Maass Hospital
BELLEVILLE, NJ – March 15, 2020 – Town Officials and our Health Department remain in direct contact with the County and State Health Department.
There are currently 98 positive cases of coronavirus in New Jersey.
Presently there are 11 positive cases in Essex County, with one, non-Belleville resident, testing positive at Clara Maass.
There are also 22 persons under investigation in Belleville.
• Street cleaning enforcement will be suspended until further notice.
• *We have been in contact with two private senior facilities and have
encouraged them all to take immediate action; either closing or conduct self-imposed social distancing.
• *We have been in contact with our 55+ building and have advised that
it close all public gathering rooms.
• *We are asking proprietors of small service businesses, mainly bars,
restaurants and shops to implement self-imposed social distancing guidelines.
Bars and restaurants are encouraged to promote take out, curbside pickup and delivery options.
Stores and shops are encouraged to voluntary reduce by 50% their in-house capacity and encourage a minimum of 6-foot social distancing.
*The Township OEM is considering Declaring a Local State of Emergency.
If so, the OEM Coordinator will have broad powers over local businesses to mandate these recommendations
• With an abundance of caution, Belleville Schools are closed for the next two weeks.
• The Belleville Public Library is closed until further notice.
• Effective Monday March 16, public access to town hall will be prohibited, unless residents have prior business to complete, or have an appointment.
We encourage all residents in need of municipal services to use our Municipal website to obtain email and phone numbers for all departments.
Please feel free to contact the Town Managers Office at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
The best way to avoid getting sick is to:
• Wash hands often with soap and water. If available, use hand
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• If sick, stay home and do not attend work or school.
As additional information becomes available, we will continue to update our website and post new information.
Important Phone Numbers
• Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
• Belleville Health Department: 973-450-3389