Skip to main content

Vape Device Explosion Badly Burns Elizabeth Woman


A woman suffering serious burns after her Vape device exploded in her face earlier this afternoon was been hospitalized officials said.

According to reports, shortly before 1:30 p.m., emergency responders rushed to a building in the 700 block of North Broad Street after receiving reports of some type of explosion with an injured person.

Arriving firefighters and EMS units located the woman suffering serious burns to the face and hands after her Vape device exploded while she was using it reports said.

The woman was rushed to St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston where her injuries were not immediately reported as life threatening.

The identity of the woman has not been released.

The Elizabeth Police Department are investigating.