NJ Transit crews have been working around the clock to remove the damaged catenary structure near Maplewood which was the result of a downed tree from Monday night’s strong winds.
Due to the extensive damage caused by the fallen tree, a timeline for full restoration remains in progress.
For Wednesday, March 9, limited service will operate on a modified schedule between South Orange and Penn Station New York and Hoboken.
The Gladstone Branch will remain suspended until further notice.
Cross-honoring will remain in effect for Morris & Essex (M&E) and Gladstone Branch customers on the Raritan Valley and Montclair-Boonton Lines as well as NJ TRANSIT & private carrier buses.
The Montclair-Boonton Line will provide enhanced service to accommodate M&E customers.
All M&E customers should allow for extra travel time and are strongly encouraged to customize their service alerts on the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to receive updates via push notifications, monitor MyTransit Alerts, the M&E Twitter feed @NJTRANSIT_ME and njtransit.com for the latest service information.
Morris & Essex Line:
Limited service will operate on a modified schedule from South Orange to both Penn Station New York and Hoboken.
Schedules will be available at njtransit.com later this evening. Customer service ambassadors will be available at South Orange rail station to assist customers.
Customers at stations between Hackettstown and Denville should use Montclair-Boonton Line trains and should consult the Montclair-Boonton timetables. Enhanced service will operate on the Montclair-Boonton Line.
Schedules will be available at njtransit.com later this evening.
Gladstone Branch: Service remains suspended until further notice.
For further details and updated travel information, sign up for My Transit Alerts, download the NJ TRANSIT app and follow us on Social Media.
- Before beginning your trip, please visit njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information.
- Customers are encouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the YouTube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute.
- Sign up for the My Transit alert system on njtransit.com, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your mobile device via email or text.
- Allow extra time getting to and from your destination.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.