A gas leak reported this morning has led to the evacuation of a Mount Olive school and an area child care center, according officials.
Police and emergency crews responded responded to Wolfe Road for a report of gas leak that ultimately caused students from Mount Olive Middle School to be evacuated and moved to the high school, city officials announced.
The children from Mount Olive Childcare were also evacuated and were relocated to the council chambers at town hall, where parent can pick up their children.
The leak has been shut off and gas company is working on making repairs. Although no estimated repair time was provided, officials are expecting to resume as normal tomorrow.
No injuries were reported.