Skip to main content

Several Treated for Exposure to Mixed Cleaning Fluids in Elizabeth

By rlsmetro on

Firefighters and hazmat crews responded to the 100 block of Chilton Street at around 5:15 a.m. on reports of several ill occupants inside a house at that location.

Upon arrival to the scene, first responders immediately removed about five residents from the house after they notice abnormal levels of an unknown toxic fume inside the residence.

An investigation revealed that the fumes were a possible mixture of Ammonia and other products used for cleaning.

EMS evaluated victims at the scene with no serious injuries reported.