Somerset County police officials announced the arrests of:
• Luis Ramirez, 25, Park Street, Somerset, New Jersey
• Elvis Pena, 23, Fulton Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey
• Jhonathan Peralta, 23, Rutgers Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey
• Jose Marquez-Jimenez, 25, Phillips Road, Somerset, New Jersey
• Mahmoud Hassan Jr., 24, Castleton Ave, Somerset, New Jersey
• Taron Marner, 24, Hunt Road, Somerset, New Jersey and
• Vanessa Nettles, 23, Vernon Avenue, Somerset.
The aforementioned individuals were all charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana (2rd degree) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Disorderly Persons).
Prosecutor Robertson stated that on June 17, 2020 at approximately 7:15 p.m., the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office Organized Crime and Narcotics Task Force concluded a month long investigation into the distribution of narcotics by defendant Luis Ramirez from a residence located on Park Street in Somerset, New Jersey.
Officials say As a result of this investigation, Task Force detectives obtained a Superior Court search warrant for the aforementioned residence which was executed by the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office Organized Crime and Narcotic Task Force members, officers with the Franklin Township Police Department and Bound Brook Police Department K-9 Detective along with his K-9 partner Crusader.
Prosecutor Robertson stated that as a result of this comprehensive investigation, approximately six (6) pounds of marijuana and various items of drug paraphernalia, to include digital scales and packaging materials indicative of drug distribution were seized.
The marijuana seized during this investigation has an estimated street value of approximately $12,000 dollars.
All of the defendants charged were released on their own recognizance pending a future court appearance.