Road Closures in Preparation for Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade In Newark
The City of Newark is issuing the following traffic advisory for Friday, March 13:
* Closure of Mulberry Street from Chestnut Street to Center Street from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Closure of Lafayette Street from Broad Street to McCarter Highway from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Closure of Center Street from Mulberry Street to Broad Street from Noon to 3:30 p.m.
* Closure of Central Avenue from Broad Street to University Avenue from Noon to 3:30 p.m.
* Closure of Washington Street from Raymond Boulevard to Broad Street at Washington Park from Noon to 3:30 p.m.
The closures are to accommodate the 80th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, which kicks off at Lafayette and Mulberry Streets at 1 p.m. It will finish in Washington Park.
Motorists are urged to prepare for delays and plan alternate routes while the closures are in place and the parade is in progress. Streets will be re-opened after the parade passes.