Police announced that an investigation into a prostitution ring at a local hotel netted 10 arrests and the rescue of a 16-year-old girl.
The undercover operation was part of an ongoing involving several law enforcement agencies in Morris, Hudson and Essex counties that led to the rescue of three minors in Fairfield alone.
In this particular sting, police seized an imitation firearm, three vehicles, a small amount of marijuana, Percocet and $2,700 in cash.
Among the arrested were:
* Jasmine Crisp, 19, of Newark for engaging in prostitution
* Oshane Crooks, 30, of Brooklyn, N.Y. for promoting prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia
* Shennette Munroe, 25, of Brooklyn, N.Y. for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia
* Katherine Soland, 25, of Elmwood Park, N.J. for engaging in prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia
* Jessica Burns, 38, of Brooklyn, N.Y. for promoting prostitution and possession of an imitation firearm
* Roberta Lombardi, 43, of Cedar Grove, N.J. for engaging in prostitution
* Unique Andrews, 19, of New York, N.Y. for promoting and engaging in prostitution
* Antoniese Nguyen, 22, of Atlanta, Ga. for promoting and engaging in prostitution
* Jackie Cotton-Pearson, 35, of East Orange for first degree promoting prostitution of a minor, possession of a fraudulent drivers license and possession of Percoet
* Janae Fussell, 43, of Cedar Grove, N.J. for first degree promoting prostitution of a minor and engaging in prostitution.
Cotton-Pearson and Fussell were sent to the Essex County Jail in lieu of respective $50,000 and $25,000 bonds.
Crooks was turned over to New Brunswick police on an outstanding warrant.
All the others suspects were released until their scheduled court appearances.