Skip to main content

People Removed from Jersey City Building Suffering From Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Jersey City

Several people were transported to the hospital suffering Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Jersey City.

Crews responded to 168 Harrison Avenue to a 16-family residential building at approximately 11:30 a.m. where they treated eleven people, including a city firefighter.

According to officials, a malfunctioning boiler may have caused the exposure. 

The fire department, Office of Emergency Management and PSE&G are at the scene investigating.