Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia M. Valdes announces that Lawan A. Henry, 23, of Paterson, has been indicted in relation to a November 15, 2020, motor vehicle crash that occurred in the City of Paterson that left one person dead and two others injured.
A Passaic County Grand Jury has returned an indictment charging Mr. Henry with multiple crimes in relation to this crash.
According to officials, Mr. Henry was indicted on:
- One count of Death by Auto
- One count of Leaving the Scene of an Accident Involving Death
- Two counts of Leaving the Scene of an Accident Involving Serious Bodily Injury
- Three counts of Endangering an Injured Victim
- One count of Causing Death While Driving Unlicensed
- Two counts of Assault by Auto
- Two counts of Causing Serious Bodily Injury While Driving Unlicensed
A Superior Court Judge previously granted the State’s motion for pretrial detention of the defendant and he is currently detained in the Passaic County Jail pending the disposition of the case.
Mr. Henry is scheduled for arraignment on March 22, before the Honorable Imre Karaszegi, Jr., J.S.C.
The Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office asks anyone with additional information about this incident to contact them on their tips line at 1-877-370-PCPO or firstname.lastname@example.org.