By: Richard L. Smith
Mercer County Executive Brian M. Hughes submitted numerous resolutions to the Board of County Commissioners for consideration at its upcoming Jan. 24, 2023 meeting, including contracts with the following social service agencies:
- CONTACT for crisis intervention, emotional support, and outreach to people experiencing isolation, depression, and who are sometimes suicidal. -- $21,500;
- NAMI, for mental health services and peer recovery. -- $56,000;
- Oaks Integrated, for day treatment services for children, $20,000; for chronically homeless experiencing substance abuse, mental health issues, or other needs that pose barriers to accessing or maintaining permanent housing; $65,000; for mental health assessments for people experiencing homelessness, $112,000; for mental health and substance abuse stabilization for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness, $112,000; for support programs for older adults, $11,035; for support services for people struggling with mental health issues and other issues that pose barriers to stable housing, $65,000;
- Rescue Mission of Trenton, for the Returning Citizens Community Program to offer immediate access to shelter beds through the county’s coordinated re-entry plan, $92,000; for case management services for the Returning Citizens Community Program, $111,000;
- Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK), for the Mercer County ID Project, providing case management, outreach, and ID services to homeless individuals, $120,000; and
- Corner House, to assist with the funding of a position for a bi-lingual clinician to provide case management services and links to primary care, mental health, housing, and immigration services if needed, $65,000.