In New Jersey, there was one second-tier prizewinning ticket sold for the Friday, January 22, drawing that matched five of the five white balls drawn winning the $1,000,000 prize.
The ticket was purchased at 7-Eleven #11027, 2075 Route 88, Brick in Ocean County.
Additionally, a Michigan ticket matched all five of the five white balls and the Gold Mega Ball drawn winning the $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot. The estimated cash value was $776.6 million.
There were ten third-tier prizewinning tickets sold in New Jersey that matched four of the five white balls and the gold ball winning $10,000. Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Bergen County: Krauszer’s Food Store, 403 Midland Avenue, Garfield
- Burlington County: Wawa #8423, 76 Springside Road., Westampton
- Mercer County: 7-Eleven #27391, 1517 Pennington Avenue, Ewing
- Mercer County: Pennington Luk Oil LLC, 2558 Pennington Road, Pennington
- Middlesex County: Park Deli, 80 Raritan Avenue, Highland Park
- Monmouth County: Little Silver Family Pharmacy, 10 Church Street, Little Silver
- Morris County: Krauszer’s Food Store, 95 West Main Street., Chester
- Passaic County: 7-Eleven #11463, 356 Rifle Camp Road., Woodland Park
- Sussex County: 7-Eleven #37251, 63 Water Street., Newton
- Warren County: Mini Mart, 1312 US Highway 22 East, Phillipsburg
In addition to the second and third-tier prizes won, 236 players matched four of the five white balls drawn making each ticket worth $500. 15 of those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prizes to $1,000.
Moreover, 389,264 other New Jersey players took home $1,455,848 in prizes ranging from $2 to $400. The winning numbers for the Friday, January 22, drawing were 04, 26, 42, 50, and 60. The Gold Mega Ball was 24, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 02.
The jackpot resets to $20 million for the next drawing on Tuesday, January 26, at 11:00 pm. All New Jersey Lottery Mega Millions tickets must be purchased before 10:45 pm to participate in the drawing.
Mega Millions tickets cost just two dollars; by adding the Megaplier option for an extra dollar per play, players can increase their non-jackpot winnings up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 46 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.