Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez said on Monday, July 25, 2022, two Newark men pleaded guilty to charges relating to an armed home invasion that occurred in Jersey City in 2020.
According to Prosecutor Esther Suarez, Aaron Johnson, 31, and Carlos Flores, 47, pleaded guilty to one count of Robbery, a crime of the first degree.
The State will recommend a sentence of 15 years in New Jersey State Prison, subject to the No Early Release Act.
Prosecutor Esther Suarez said sentencing is scheduled before the Honorable John A. Young Jr., J.S.C. on Friday, September 30, 2022.
According to Prosecutor Esther Suarez, at approximately 3:40 a.m. on September 13, 2020, the Jersey City Police Department received a report of an armed robbery at a residence on the 200 block of Fulton Avenue.
The owner of the building reported the front door of the home had been kicked in during a private gathering.
Prosecutor Esther Suarez said nine occupants were held and robbed at gunpoint.
The State is represented in this case by Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor John Burke.