Skip to main content

Newark Man Seriously Burned After Cooking Spray Explodes Near Stove

By rlsmetro on
Newark

Fire officials in Newark are reporting that firefighters rescued an injured 54-year-old man who was burned to over 20 percent of his body before extinguishing an accidental fire at 48 ½ 3rd Street Sunday.

According to a statement released by Newark fire officials, firefighters responded to the 3-story brick residential building just after 1:45 p.m.

Officials say they located the injured victim who was burned after a can of cooking spray exploded near a stove while he was cooking.

Officials say the man was transported to University Hospital for treatment of first and second-degree burns to his face, head, arms, chest and stomach.

According to fire officials, there were no other injuries reported and no residents were relocated.