Medical professionals evaluated two people at the scene of a high carbon monoxide incident in a home in Newark's Ironbound section on Thursday morning.
According to preliminary reports, firefighters were notified of elevated CO levels at Oxford Street around 12:15 a.m.
Crews arrived and reportedly detected CO levels over 80 ppm (parts per million) inside the residence.
PSE&G was called to the scene to assist in the investigation.
Officials reported non-life threatening injuries, and the incident is under investigation.