Newark Firefighters Respond to Elevated CO Readings Inside North Ward Business

One person suffered non-life threatening injuries after being exposed to high carbon monoxide levels inside a Newark North Ward building on Friday morning.

According to preliminary reports, Emergency responders were called to 291 First Avenue to investigate reports of a sick person at approximately 11:38 a.m. where they arrived to find a female victim suffering symptoms of exposure to the deadly gas.

An air quality test revealed elevated carbon monoxide levels according to officials.

EMS transported the victim to the hospital for treatment where she is expected to make a full recovery officials said.

Firefighters are looking into the cause of the CO leak. There were no other injuries immediately reported.

IMAGE CREDIT: Google Maps