Skip to main content

Multiple Residents, Police Officers Hospitalized by CO Poisoning in Mount Olive

By rlsmetro on
Mount Olive

Fire officials are investigating a carbon monoxide incident that sent multiple people to the hospital overnight in Mount Olive.

Firefighters were called to a house in the single digits block of Fennimore Court at around 7:30 p.m. where they found elevated CO levels over 1600 ppm inside the residence according to preliminary reports.

Eight residents and four police officers were taken to area hospitals with some of the residents airlifted to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx where they were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after some of the residents were found unconscious inside the house.

The extent of the victim's injuries were not immediately available.

The cause of the elevated levels of carbon monoxide remains under investigation.