Morris County officials announce the arrest of Barbara Maronpot, 67, and Christopher Gallaway, 48, both of Morristown, following a narcotics investigation.
According to county officials, on November 24, the Hanover Township Police Department received information regarding a package received at a hotel within their jurisdiction.
County officials, the package was addressed to the hotel and found to contain approximately five hundred grams of methamphetamine.
The subsequent investigation resulted in the seizure of an additional one thousand grams of methamphetamine and over two ounces of GHB from two hotel rooms and a residence.
As a result of this investigation, it was learned that Barbara Maronpot and Christopher Gallaway were the intended recipients of the package containing five hundred grams of methamphetamine.
According to officials, Maronpot and Gallaway were arrested and jointly charged with the following on complaint warrants:
- One count of Conspiracy to Distribute Methamphetamine
- One count of Possession with Intent to Distribute Five Ounces or More of Methamphetamine
- One count of Possession with Intent to Distribute One-Half Ounce or More but Less than Five Ounces of Methamphetamine
- One count of Possession with Intent to Distribute Less than One-Half Ounce of Methamphetamine
- Three counts of Possession of Methamphetamine
- One count of Conspiracy to Distribute GHB
- One count of Possession with Intent to Distribute GHB
- One count of Possession of GHB
- Two counts of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with Intent to Distribute
Gallaway remains lodged in the Morris County Correctional Facility pending a detention hearing. Maronpot was released by the Court pending trial.
This investigation, which resulted in the seizure of more than three pounds of methamphetamine, was conducted by the Morris County Narcotics Task Force and the Hanover Township Police Department.