NEWARK, N.J. – Eight members of a Jersey City gang associated with the Marion Gardens Housing Complex were charged by indictment today with racketeering, violent crimes in aid of racketeering, drug trafficking, and firearms offenses, Acting U.S. Attorney Rachael A. Honig announced.
Federal officials said the indictment charges Jervon Morris, aka “Sticky,” 32; Jalil Holmes, aka “Broad Day,” aka “BD,” 21; Kevin Williams, aka “KK,” aka “Kay,” 27; Jakeem Gibson-Madison, aka “Beanz,” 27; K’shawn Jackson, aka “Lil Kay,” 21; Lakief Grayson, aka “Lala,” aka “La Greaz,” 30; Willie Williams, aka “Willz,” 30; and Terick Rogers, aka “Moot,” 29, all of Jersey City.
According to federal officials, the charges are the result of a long-running investigation by the FBI, the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, and the Jersey City Police Department.
According to documents filed in this case and statements made in court:
Morris, Holmes, Kevin Williams, Gibson-Madison, Jackson, Grayson, Willie Williams, and Rogers, are all members and associates of the neighborhood street gang associated with the Marion Gardens Housing Complex.
Members and associates of the Marion Gardens street gang routinely distribute crack cocaine and heroin, among other controlled substances, in and around the Marion Gardens Housing Complex.
Members and associates of the gang also engaged in acts of violence, including numerous assaults, shootings, and murders, which targeted rival gang members and others, including the following:
- On July 28, 2011, Morris, Kevin Williams, and another member of the Marion Gardens street gang, murdered Victim A.C. in the area of Gifford Avenue and Bergen Avenue in Jersey City;
- On Nov. 5, 2017, members and associates of the Marion Gardens street gang shot Victim C.C. in the area of Van Nostrand Avenue and Bergen Avenue in Jersey City;
- On Nov. 26, 2017, members and associates of the Marion Gardens street gang shot victim T.C. in the area of Warner Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City;
- On Dec. 3, 2017, Holmes and other members and associates of the Marion Gardens street gang murdered victim R.S. in the area of Warner Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City;
- On Feb. 7, 2018, Kevin Williams and another member of the Marion Gardens street gang assaulted victim R.B. in the area of Summit Avenue and Magnolia Avenue in Jersey City;
- On June 30, 2018, Holmes, Rogers, and Jackson shot five people – victim K.C., victim D.A., victim J.W., victim C.F., and victim R.H. – while celebrating “Meech Day” in honor of a deceased fellow gang member;
- On July 6, 2018, Holmes, Jackson, Gibson-Madison, and at least one other member of the Marion Gardens street gang traveled to the area of Wilkinson Avenue, at which time Victim A.W. and Victim R.H. were shot;
- On Jan. 9, 2019, Holmes and Gibson-Madison traveled to the area of Grant Avenue and Ocean Avenue to retaliate for the murder of a fellow gang member, at which time Holmes shot Victim M.G. and Victim T.S. and attempted to shoot Victim E.M; and
- On June 9, 2019, after being shot at by rival gang member, Victim K.G., brandished a firearm and attempted to shoot back at Victim K.G.