Skip to main content

Lacey Man Charged with Drug Induced Death of Anthony Terrill Jr.

Lacey Township

Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph D. Coronato and Lacey Township Police Chief Michael DiBella today announced the arrest of Nicholas Marco Picone, 32, of Lacey, in connection with the drug-induced death of Anthony Terrill Jr.

Prosecutor Coronato stated, “OCPO will continue to lead the way in developing Strict Liability/Drug-Induced Death cases. It’s critical during this opiate crisis we take strong punitive measures against dealers bringing death to those fighting addictions”.

According to authorities, on June 20th, Nicholas Picone was charged with Strict Liability Drug-Induced Death. Officials say Picone is currently incarcerated in the Ocean County Correctional Facility since April 12, 2018, on prior narcotic drug possession and distribution charges stemming from the same investigation.

The above charges stem from the death investigation of Anthony Terrill Jr, 29, that occurred on April 8th in Lacey. On that date, at approximately 2:10 am, the Lacey Township Police Department responded to the Wawa located at 444 Route 9 South in Forked River following a call from employees of the store reporting an unconscious male in the bathroom of the establishment. The male, later identified as Terrill, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Lacey Officers at the scene observing signs of a drug overdose immediately, per the Prosecutor’s directive, contact the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Major Crimes Unit and the Ocean County Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Unit to respond.

The ensuing intensive investigation would ultimately lead back to Picone and link him to the death.

An autopsy by the Ocean County Medical Examiner would confirm that Terrill’s death was drug-induced due to the lethal dose of heroin combined with fentanyl.

The media and public are reminded that criminal charges are merely accusations and that the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.