Skip to main content

High Levels of Carbon Monoxide Found in Elizabeth Building


Elizabeth fire officials were called to the scene of a carbon monoxide scare that resulted in elevated levels of the gas inside a building in Elizabeth on Sunday night.

Emergency responders arrived at an apartment three-story apartment complex in the 200 block of West Grand Street to investigate reports of a possible gas leak.

Upon arrival, firefighters noticed that there were high levels of carbon monoxide inside the building.

Crews were able to vent the building and search for the cause of the high levels of CO gas according to reports.

EMS treated at least one person at the scene for exposure.