By: Jackie Amorine
Fire officials in Trenton are investigating the cause of a gas leak that evacuated a block in Trenton Sunday night.
Fire and utility crews were dispatched to the a100 block of Fulton Street to investigate reports of a strong odor of gas around 10 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters found elevated levels of natural gas coming from the community and ordered an evacuation of the neighborhood.
Two NJ Transit buses were requested to assist in the evacuation.
Utility crews were able to locate and secure the natural gas leak from several homes.
The situation remains under investigation.