FeedNJ, the campaign to fight COVID-19-impacted food insecurity across the state, has now eclipsed 30,000 restaurant-prepared meals served at soup kitchens across the state and will hold its largest single day of action of the month tomorrow during #FeedingFriday, when nearly 2,000 meals will be served at eight soup kitchens across five counties in the state.
The events are free for anyone in need to attend and get a free, restaurant-prepared meal.
While not all events will be open to the press, special accommodations may be possible for reporters wishing to cover specific locations with advance notice.
The schedule of events for tomorrow's #FeedingFriday will be:
- St. John's Soup Kitchen--10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 22 Mulberry Street, Newark. 260 meals
- TASK--10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 72 Escher Street, Trenton. 600 meals
- St. Joseph's Social Center--10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 118 Division Street, Elizabeth. 200 meals
- Elijah's Promise Soup Kitchen--10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., 18 Neilson Street, New Brunswick. 300 meals
- Trinity Soup Kitchen--11:00-11:30 a.m., 51 Trinity Lane in Woodbridge. 30 meals
- Salvation Army--11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 433 State Street in Perth Amboy. 75 meals
- Let's Celebrate--11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.. 48 Fairview Avenue, Jersey City. 140 meals
- Hogar Crea Center--4:30-5:00 p.m., 387 Cortlandt Street in Perth Amboy. 40 meals