Skip to main content

Family, Dog Rescued from Carbon Monoxide Poisoned House in Oradell


A carbon monoxide leak detected inside a home in Oradell had two police officers rescue residents and their pet dog from house Saturday afternoon.

According to authorities, officers received a 911 call reporting an unconscious man at Beverly Road home where a gas leak was suspected.

According to a statement released by the Oradell Fire Department, first arriving units from the Oradell Police Department were met with the caller and an unconscious male party on the second floor.

After police officers removed the parties and a dog, officials said both victims were administered first aid until EMS arrived at transported them to the hospital.

Oradell Fire Department’s units commenced a search of the home and were met with over 700 parts per million (PPM) of Carbon Monoxide (CO).

Fire Officials said after a thorough search for additional possible victims, it was found that there were several issues with the homes heating system which lead to this dangerous condition.

Oradell Fire Fighters secured the heating system and placed fans in the home to vent the dangerous fumes out.

The incident remains under investigation.