Skip to main content

Electrician Injured by Faulty Breaker at NJ High School; Students, Staff Evacuated

Wanaque New Jersey

A faulty breaker inside Wanaque high school injured an electrician Thursday morning.

According to authorities, police, fire and EMS were dispatched to Lakeland Regional High School this morning for a report of an explosion in the boiler room.

Upon arrival, police determined that initial reports were incorrect.

Officials say an electrical breaker popped and injured an electrician working in the boiler room.

Police evacuated the building for a short period of time while the scene was checked for any other safety concerns.

Officials say staff and students are back inside the building now.

The incident remains under investigation.