Skip to main content

East Brunswick Man Gets 20 Years for Assaulting Four Boys

By kcora on
East Brunswick

Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey announced today that an East Brunswick man has been sentenced to serve 20 years in a New Jersey state prison for sexually assaulting four boys on separate occasions.

Michael Roberson, 43, of Old Bridge Turnpike in East Brunswick was sentenced in New Brunswick on October 2, 2015 by Superior Court Judge Barry A. Weisberg, who said the defendant must serve 85 percent of the term before he can be eligible for parole.

Roberson was sentenced after he pleaded guilty on July 16, 2015 to three counts of aggravated sexual assault and one count of sexual assault, admitting he sexually assaulted three of the boys on various occasions between January 1992 and 2008.

He also admitted improperly touching a fourth child on one occasion.

Roberson pleaded guilty after reaching an agreement with Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Miralles Walsh.

Roberson was arrested and charged on July 7, 2014 after one of the victims told police he had been sexually assaulted as a child.

Investigator Colin Feneis of the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office and Detective Crispin Farrace of the East Brunswick Police Department determined that Roberson sexually assaulted the victims on various occasions.

One boy was 7 years old when he was sexually assaulted. The others were sexually assaulted over a number of years from the time they were as young as 8 years old.

In one of those cases, the assaults continued until one child was 17-years-old.

One of the children was sexually assaulted at the defendant’s home when he lived in Monroe Township.

The others were sexually assaulted at either of two homes in East Brunswick.