Skip to main content

Child Transported to Hospital After Possibly Ingesting Bleach in Newark's South Ward

By rlsmetro on

Police in Newark transported a child to the hospital after they feared that the victim drank an unknown poisonous substance in the city's South Ward Saturday night.

Officers were dispatched to a residence in the 60's block of Willoughby Street to investigate suspicious activities reported to dispatchers at approximately 8:45 p.m.

Units arrived and found a child around the age of 2-years-old ingested what is believed to be bleach at that location according to reports.

Police took the child to Beth Israel Hospital, where doctors began treatment. The child is expected to make a full recovery according to reports.

The incident remains under investigation.