Skip to main content

Carbon Monoxide Incident Hospitalizes Several in Newark


Fire officials in Newark are investigating the cause of a carbon monoxide leak that sent an adult and several children to the hospital Wednesday night.

According to officials, at approximately 9:45 p.m., emergency crews responded to 2 Wellington Way after receiving reports of several sick occupants inside the Baxter Park Complex apartments.

Upon arrival, firefighters found elevated CO levels inside a section of the building according to reports.

An adult and about four children were transported to University Hospital for an evaluation.

Officials are trying to determine what caused the elevated levels of carbon monoxide.