Skip to main content

BREAKING: Summit Carbon Monoxide Incident Sends Multiple Victims to Hospital


Ad By: Richard L. Smith 

Good morning. Our RLS Media Information Center has received reports of a carbon monoxide incident that has resulted in several individuals being rushed to the hospital in Union County.

According to preliminary information, the incident unfolded in the 20's block of Union Place, situated in Summit's shopping district, which includes apartments above stores.

Over a dozen emergency responders arrived at the scene after receiving reports of several individuals feeling ill shortly before 6:30 a.m.

Reports indicate that at least one victim received CPR at the scene before being urgently transported to an area hospital for further treatment.

Additional victims have also been taken to hospitals, although their conditions have not yet been reported.

This situation is ongoing, and we will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available from the Summit Police Department.

UPDATE 9:40 a.m.:  Summit officials said the incident happened in Manhattan Bagel, but it was handled swiftly by emergency responders. Two employees were taken to the hospital for evaluation.