By: Richard L. Smith
The firefighting community of Union County is in mourning following the tragic death of Plainfield Firefighter Marquis Hudson, who valiantly fought a severe multi-alarm fire early Friday morning. The incident occurred in a two-and-a-half-story wooden house in the 300 block of Emerson Avenue at approximately 8:16 a.m., where heavy fire erupted and engulfed the attic.
Firefighters, upon arrival, were met with towering flames and immediately entered the residence to rescue any occupants.
A distress signal was issued when Firefighter Hudson became separated inside the inferno.
"The Mayor, administration, and his colleagues in the fire department are all shocked and reeling from this horrific and tragic loss," stated city officials.
The community grieves for Firefighter Marquis Hudson, a brave individual who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
This is developing information; we will update you with anything additional.