The Esses County Prosecutor's Office has been notified of a fire that caused fatal injuries to a person inside a senior citizen high-rise building Monday morning.
According to a preliminary investigation, at approximately 4:40 a.m., firefighters were notified of a fire at the Norman Towers Senior Citizen building located at 500 Parkway Drive.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found smoke coming from an apartment .
Crews were able to make an entry into the apartment, where they found an unconscious and unresponsive person inside residence.
The individual was pronounced dead and firefighters swiftly knocked down the fire that appeared to be from unattended cooking.
The investigation remains active and ongoing.