There is a full evacuation of homes and businesses in the area of Burnett Street and Central Avenue underway due to an underground electrical fire at this time.
Emergency responders and utility crews rushed to the area at around 11:45 a.m. after residents reported seeing smoke coming from several manholes according to reports.
Crews immediately evacuated residents from the area and began to assess where the smoke was coming from.
It was determined that several underground cables were burning.
There are no injuries reported at this time. PSEG is on the scene with several homes and businesses without power.
Avoid the area.