Skip to main content

Authorities Identify Mother, Son Killed of Carbon Monoxide Poison in Passaic


Authorities identify the 23-year-old woman and her 1-year-old son who died after the tailpipe of their car became covered with snow, poisoning them with carbon monoxide Saturday.

Police were called to Sherman Avenue around 8:15 p.m. for a report of three people found unresponsive inside a car.

According to reports, as one of the residents at the home tried to shovel his family out, the three members (Sashalynn Rosa, 23, Messiah, 1 and Saniyah, 3) remained inside the 2000 Mazda to keep warm.

However, the vehicle's exhaust pipe blocked by snow, sent the carbon monoxide into the vehicle.

The mother and children were transported to St. Mary's Hospital, where Sashalynn and Messiah were pronounced dead.

Saniyah was transferred to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, where she remains in critical condition.

Photos: GoFundMe