An Atlantic County Grand Jury has returned an indictment against an Egg Harbor Township man in connection to the drug-induced death of a 33-year-old man in February, Acting Atlantic County Prosecutor Cary Shill announced.
Officials said on Tuesday, Mr. Noel Castillo, 32, was indicted on the following charges:
- Strict Liability for a Drug-Induced Death, first-degree
- Possession of CDS, third-degree
- Possession with Intent to Distribute CDS, third-degree
- Distribution of CDS, third-degree
- Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity, third-degree
- Endangering Child Welfare, second-degree
According to Atlantic County authorities, on February 18, officers of the Egg Harbor Township Police Department responded to a residential address for a report of an unresponsive male.
Upon arrival, officials said police officers located the victim, Mr. Jeffrey Schneider of Egg Harbor Township, who was deceased.
The joint investigation of the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Gangs, Guns and Narcotics Unit and the Egg Harbor Township Police Department determined that Schneider ingested a lethal dose of fentanyl which he purchased from Castillo. Officials said February 25, Castillo was arrested at his home in Egg Harbor Township without incident.
He is lodged in the Atlantic County Justice Facility.