Public Safety Director Anthony Ambrose announced, with the recent heavy rainfall, many streets are flooded and should be avoided.
Motorists are becoming stranded at many locations after driving through flooded streets and high water.
Authorities said because of the distinct possibility of flooding exists at the below listed locations, people are asked to avoid them and use to alternative routes.
In addition to the listed streets, drivers are discouraged from driving through streets, which are flooded, have high water or believed to be flooded.
The Department of Public Safety is coordinating responses to burglar alarms, flooding conditions, power outages and other weather related incidents through the combined use of Police, Fire and Office of Emergency Management Personnel.
The following locations should be avoided, because either flooding conditions exist or the potential for flooding exists.
• Clay Street and McCarter Highway
• South Street and VanBuren Street
• Jefferson and Chestnut Streets
• State Street near Broad Street
• Jabez and Backus Streets
• 357 Wilson Avenue
• Manufacturers Place and Hyatt Street
• Magazine Street and Avenue L
• Avenue L and Wilson Avenue
• Ferry and Foundry Streets
• Norfolk Street
• Orange Street
• Nesbitt Street
• McClellan and Frelinghuysen Avenue
Be safe NJ!