Skip to main content

2 Hospitalized After Exposed to High Levels of Carbon Monoxide Inside Newark South Ward Home


By: Jackie Amorine 

High Carbon Monoxide readings inside a house in Newark's South Ward sent at least two victims to the hospital Saturday morning. 

University Hospital EMS units were on the scene of high CO readings at an address in the 60's block of Lyons Avenue just before 1 a.m. 

Units arrived and excavated the three-story house after they found abnormal carbon monoxide readings. 

One of the victims was reportedly unconscious but suffered non-fatal injuries. Both individuals were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. 

The source of the leak is under investigation by the Newark Fire department.